The new National Minimum Wage rates have been announced. From 1st April 2020 rates for:
- Workers aged 25 and over will increase from £8.21 to £8.72 per hour
- 21 – to 24-year-olds will increase from £7.70 to £8.20 per hour
- 18 – to 20-year-olds will increase from £6.15 to £6.45 per hour
- 16 – to 17-year-olds will increase from £4.35 to £4.55 per hour
- Apprentices aged under 19 or in the first year of an apprenticeship will increase from £3.90 to £4.15 per hour.
If you have any employment law matters you would like assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact Kingfisher Professional Services Ltd as we are happy to help.