When was the last time you thought about the culture in your workplace? It can be all too easy for things which shouldn’t be condoned or be seen as acceptable in the workplace to start to become ‘the norm’.
This employer found out the hard way that an inappropriate workplace culture coupled with management mishandling can be a recipe for employment tribunal claims. They are now counting the cost after a recent remedy hearing saw the judge award over £115,000 to the employee.
Take our Workplace Culture Checklist Challenge!
This could help you to spot areas that may need to be tackled in your business.
- How would you describe the workplace culture in your business?
- How do think it might seem to someone new to the workplace?
- Is your workplace culture inclusive?
- Is there anything you would like or need to change?
- Do you have any concerns about workplace banter? Have any employees been upset by it? Do you think its ever come close to going too far?
- When were employees and managers last given equal opportunities and anti-bullying and harassment training? Is a refresher needed?
- Do you think your employees feel able to raise concerns about workplace matters? Would you know what steps to take if they did?
- Would you know what to do if you saw unacceptable workplace behaviour, such as harassment?
Want to take action?
If taking the workplace culture check-up has raised any questions or concerns or you would like to take action, please get in touch to discuss your situation. If you need assistance with any employment law matter, we are here to help.